Linksys setup is possible either locally using web page based setup wizard or by using Linksys Smart WiFi utility. In either way, you can easily manage all advance settings for your Linksys wireless routers and enjoy trouble free internet access for your system. Before you proceed for Linksys setup process, you will need to make sure that you are having active internet connections and configuration CD you have received with your device. You can also configure your router even if you have lost the configuration CD for your Linksys router.
Web Based Configurations for Linksys Wireless Routers | Linksys Setup
We are explaining steps for making Linksys router setup using classic web based setup. During web based setup you will need an active internet connection so make sure that you are having active and working internet connections.
First of all, you will need to connect your Linksys router with a computer system using Ethernet cable. Make sure that you are using Ethernet connections for internet connections because WiFi connections can give you issues later.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect one end of your cable with port number 1,2,3 or 4 and connect another end with internet port of your computer system.
- Take one more Ethernet cable and connect your network modem with your Linksys router.
- Now you can provide power supply to your Linksys router, computer system and network modem.
- Now, open web browser at your computer system.
- In the address bar of your computer system you will need to fill myrouter.local web address. You can also use 192.168.1.1 IP address for Linksys router login access.
- You will need to fill login details for your Linksys router. If you are going to login your Linksys router for first time or you have not changed the login details for your router, you will need to fill the default login details. Default user name should remain blank and default password will be “admin”.
- You can also select option “remember my password”. If you choose this option, you will need to fill password every time for making Linksys setup login access.
- After successful login for your Linksys setup page, go for “setup” option and then select “MAC Address Clone” tab.
- You will need to select “Enabled” option for “MAC Address Clone” and then you will need fill the MAC address for the device. Remember, MAC address will be a unique address associated with each device connected within your home network.
- Click on “Save Settings” so that Linksys setup can be saved automatically.
If you are not getting login access for Linksys setup page, you will need to cross check your internet connections. Make sure that you are having well working internet connections for your home network. If internet connections are not working correctly, you can also try power cycling your internet connection. After recycling your internet connections, you can try once again Linksys setup page.
Here are the steps for Power Cycling your Internet Connections
- First you will need to remove power supply for your network modem.
- After that, unplug power supply for your Linksys router.
- Shut down computer system you are using.
- Wait for few minutes and proceed for the next step.
- You can now provide power supply to your Linksys router.
- Provide power supply to your network modem.
- After that try accessing Linksys setup page and you will able to make all required configurations for your Linksys advance routers.